Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Edison Skype Session


I really liked the Skype session because we got to see how other students our age run a writing center. I really liked it because they gave us some really good ideas even though they've only had their writing center for 5 years. They were really passionate about their writing center, and I think that is why they had more students going to them for help. For example, I really liked the idea of having a Youtube and Soundcloud account because these are the apps that students use on a daily basis, and it would therefore be easier to reach them that way by entertaining them with funny videos and such. I also liked how they tutored on speeches and public speaking. I myself am not that strong of a public speaker, and even though there is a Rhetoric class at Berkeley, I still think that it would be something for the writing center to consider. Also, I really like how they were experts on their writing center. I think that the Berkeley tutors should be more informed on the writing center because they may have forgotten some stuff from the test (for example I didn't know the answers to some of their questions). Overall, I really liked Skyping them and I hope that we will be able to see them or even establish a connection with them in the near future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment